Interval International and Participating Resort Partners Give Back to Carribean Region with a Donation to CHTA Education Foundation
February 4, 2019 1:05 pm
Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services, and participating resort partners donated $15,000 to the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association Education Foundation (CHTAEF) during the annual Caribbean Travel Marketplace conference held this week in Jamaica.
“The foundation is truly grateful for the tremendous support that we have received from Interval and its resort partners, who have played an integral role in funding higher education for Caribbean nationals for nearly 15 years,” said Karolin Troubetzkoy, CHTAEF chairman.
“With the launch of our new certification program, a portion of the donated funds will be allocated to underwrite training and professional development workshops for hospitality employees.”
“We are proud to collaborate with our resort clients to support education, which is critical to the growth of the industry that employs millions and positively impacts economies in the region,” said Neil Kolton, Interval’s director of business development for the Caribbean and Southeast U.S., and CHTAEF board member.
“The in-market seminars help attendees advance their careers and make a positive impact in the local community.”
The following member resorts participated in this year’s initiative to support the foundation:
- Aruba – Aruba Beach Club Resort, Caribbean Palm Village Resort, Divi
Village Golf and Beach Resort, Costa Linda Beach Resort, La Cabana
Beach Resort and Casino, La Quinta Beach Resort, Marriott’s Aruba Surf
Club, Paradise Beach Villas, Playa Linda Beach Resort, Renaissance
Aruba Resort & Casino, and Eagle Aruba Resort & Casino
- Bahamas – Harborside at Atlantis
- Barbados – Ocean Two Resort & Residences
- Bermuda – The St. George’s Club
- Cayman Islands – Morritt’s Tortuga Club and Seven Mile Beach Resort
- Curaçao – The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort
- Mexican Caribbean – Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort
- Puerto Rico – Aquarius Vacation Club® at Boquerón Beach, Aquarius Vacation Club® at Dorado del Mar, and Azul ESJ Collection
- St. John, USVI – Grande Bay Resort & Residence Club
- St. Kitts – Marriott’s St. Kitt’s Beach Club
- St. Lucia – Bay Gardens Beach Resort and Spa
- St. Maarten – Oyster Bay Beach Resort, The Villas at Simpson Bay Resort & Marina, and
The Westin Dawn Beach Resort and Spa
The CHTAEF was established in 1986 as a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization through which scholarships and special assistance are made available for the education of Caribbean hotel industry personnel and students pursuing careers in tourism. As part of its mission, it provides people throughout the region with an awareness of the industry’s varied career opportunities, as well as technical and professional development.