Welk Resorts Returns to the RCI Global Exchange Network
February 2, 2018 11:42 am
RCI, the global leader in vacation exchange, is proud to welcome the Welk Resorts’ Platinum Program to its vacation exchange network. Through a new affiliation agreement, RCI will provide technology solutions and vacation exchange services to owners of Welk Resorts Platinum Points. In addition to the three existing RCI® affiliated properties, Welk is adding five new affiliated properties and currently developing two additional properties that it plans to add upon competition. The new affiliated Welk properties will expand the travel options for RCI’s 3.8 million subscribing members.
“We are pleased to be partnering with RCI to provide exchange services to our owners and look forward to the exciting opportunities ahead,” said Jon Fredricks, president and CEO, Welk Resorts. “RCI provided Welk with a customized Club-enabled exchange solution, and offered several additional technology solutions like RCI Presenter SM and RCI LiveStream® that are expected to provide world class service to our owners.”
The five properties from Welk Resorts that join the RCI exchange network include:
- Sirena del Mar by Welk Resorts in the Cabo San Lucas area, is a luxurious, 7-acre oceanfront resort perched on the cliffs of the Baja peninsula. The property offers stunning two-bedroom penthouse suites, each luxuriously-appointed and boasting amenities like Bose® Wave systems, stainless steel appliances and wireless internet.
- Welk Resorts San Diego in Escondido, California offers three unique vacation ownership communities including Welk Resort Villas, Villas on the Green and Mountain Villas. Owners can choose from a variety of floor plans and have access to a 6,000 square foot fitness center, two golf courses, tennis courts, a farmers’ market and their own downtown village with a theater, shopping and dining.
- Northstar Lodge in the area of Lake Tahoe, California is located at the base of the world-renowned Northstar California ski area in Truckee. This ski-in/ski-out resort is furnished with its own pulse-driven gondola and features villas with high-end amenities including a private owner’s lounge, media theater and ski and boot valet in the winter.
- One Village Place by Welk Resorts is situated in the heart of the acclaimed Village at Northstar. A part of The Registry Collection®, this property offers 21 luxurious accommodations and quick access to some of the most sought-after slopes in the world. All villas are nestled right atop the Big Springs Express gondola building and within walking distance of the village.
- The Lodges at Timber Ridge in Branson is a first-class destination resort nestled in the breathtaking Ozarks of Missouri. It offers spacious luxury vacation lodge rentals, on-site dining, fitness center, mini golf, game room, world-class live theatre entertainment as well as a number of other unique resort experiences. The 10,000 square foot water park that’s on-site is open year round, with a 100-foot slide, splash zone, indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs.
“We are thrilled to be working with the team at Welk Resorts and look forward to providing great vacations to Welk owners as a result of this agreement,” said Gordon Gurnik, president of RCI. “We are also excited about the additional, high-quality vacation options we are able to provide to our existing members in popular destinations in the Cabo san Lucas, San Diego and Lake Tahoe areas.”