ATHOC Foundation and Time To Share - Industry Charities
The ATHOC Foundation has now been running for just over 14 years and given many different grants to those in need. The set up of the ATHOC Foundation allows industry to give to other DGR Charities with similar objectives. Given this, ATHOC established Time To Share which is also a DGR Charity but has the ability to give to individuals within the object of the organisation.
Both Charities have been set up to help people in need, particularly children and their families who are facing crisis situations. The Foundation is a national foundation as is ATHOC and welcomes funding requests from all over Australia.
The ATHOC Foundation has been formed on the generosity of the timeshare industry through its major fundraiser the Annual Australian Timeshare Industry Golf Open. Since the Foundation was formed over $600,000 has been raised through this fabulous golf day.
Timeshare as an industry gives approximately $500,000 per Annum to charity via the individual companies and through our industry Foundations.
Why don’t you seek funding through this great Timeshare Industry initiative by emailing email@example.com for more information.
What is the foundation?
Supporting the community – People in Need
The ATHOC Foundation has been set up to enable the industry to give back to the community. The Foundation will help fund those that are in need to have a break away from the distressing situations that they are facing, as well as support for specific equipment that might be needed to help balance day to day life.
If you know a family who is going through terrible times and you believe that by being given a break away or other types of support that will benefit them, you need to make contact with us.
The Foundation is a national foundation as is ATHOC and welcomes funding requests from all over Australia.
The main source of funding for the ATHOC Foundation is through the Australian Timeshare Industry Golf Open where over the past years we have raised in excess of $600,000. Other funds are raised through the year through raffles and other initiatives.
The timeshare industry is very generous when it comes to charities. It is estimated that between the ATHOC membership approximately $500,000 per year is given to charity.
- $2,300 holiday for a family with a young daughter with Cystic Fibrosis
- $1,200 granted to industry staff member whose 11 year old daughter has severe type 1 diabetes
- $2,000 Coles card to help the parents of an 8 year old suffering Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- $1,800 for the donation of two weeks accommodation to be used for personal and auction to raise further fund for a young girl suffering leukaemia
- $1,000 to aid an industry staff member when she received fire damage to her house
- $47,000 – Christel House International
- 4 weeks accommodation given to Cottage by the Sea for use by families in need of a break and fundraising
- 7 Night Exchange Holiday to help raise funds for a cancer victim – donated by RCI
- 7 Nights accommodation at any Classic Holidays managed Resort to help raise funds for a cancer victim- donated by Classic Holidays
- $10,000 Surfers Paradise Surf Life Saving Club – to support maintenance of equipment and team uniforms
- $10,000 Paradise Kids – . in support of counselling children in dealing with grief
- $2,500 donation toward a vehicle for a family with 2 children with disability
- $2,000 + a weeks accommodation for an industry staff member who caught swine flu and has had one leg amputated below the knee and one foot amputated
- $8,500 Leckey Horizon Stander for 16 year old girl with Cerebral Palsy
- $4,000 prosthesis – running leg for 9 year old Tara
- $8,500 Leckey Horizon Stander for 10 year old boy with Cerebellar Hypoplasia
- $8,500 gym equipment for the Currumbin Special School
- $34,000 – Liberty Wheelchair Swing for the Cascade Gardens on the Gold Coast Australia
- $12,000 – Snozelan Room for the Mudgeeraba Special School
- $25,000 – Make A Wish Foundation
Over $100,000 to Give me 5 for Kids over time
- $20,000 – Musgrave Special School Bus
- $3,000 – Surfers Paradise Anglican Crisis Care
- $10,000 cash + $5,000 in kind to TLC for Kids
- $20,000 cash to the Pyjama Foundation
- $2,500 cash to Riders Against Drugs (RAD)
- $10,000 cash to At the Ark
- $5,000 Men of Business (MOB)
The ATHOC Foundation and Time To Share have full (DGR) charity status so that any donations that you give are tax deductible.
Applications to access funds will only be accepted through the membership base. ATHOC will not deal with anything that comes directly to the office without the support of a member company. Should ATHOC receive any calls we will direct the caller to a resort/company in the area that they are from.
Funds will only be given to individuals – not other charities. If you happen to be involved with a charity and hear of a case that you think deserves funding you should work with the individual applicant to put something through a member to the ATHOC Foundation.
ATHOC encourages you to seek out situations that will really help those in need. Provide as much detail of the case as possible. Include the amount of funding that you are seeking and any other possible information that you feel will help have the funding approved.
Once you have determined that you believe an applicant is deemed suitable, please write to:
Secretary of the ATHOC Foundation
PO Box 7718
Gold Coast Mail Centre QLD 9726
See here for nomination form or email firstname.lastname@example.org